Thursday 25 October 2012

Concept Art

This is concept art idea for what the stairwell might look like, its just the bottom of the stairwell but you get the idea of what style I'm going for. nice muted colours and a hard wood banister, I might even add some gravity on the walls to, just to make it seem a little less nice.

Just some simple sketches of some basic rooftops


Below I have drawn out a 2 point perspective sketch of a building, it's just an early idea of what my building for the environment will look, I've gone for a very simplistic style and classic new york type building, with the fire escape down the side of the building.
Some more building concept art, I have done a much wider building with rectangular shaped windows and an arched doorway, which I think looks very New York, which I'm aiming for.
Work in progress of colouring the building above 

For what's going to be in the scene, I've basically drawn out a quick birds eye view sketch, below.
This will help me plan out where everything is going and how many buildings I need to model. On the left hand side (the empty side of the pavement) I'm going to have some basic modelled buildings so it looks like a real and convincing street.

From my Plan above, I've done a perspective sketch, of what the street will look like with all the buildings drawn out, as you can see below.
Here is my finished, "Building#1" Concept design, I've gone for a quite old fashioned looking New York building. With the reddy brown and grey brick colours and old stoney archway for the door, which I think gives it character.
The rough sketch of the street, I am going to upload into Photoshop, and colour over the top to get the same painting style I have above. Here is my work in progress of the street view so far. I have just rescaled and tweaked the picture above to fit in the painting, because I really want this design in my final environment.
Here's more work in progress, I think I might mute the colours more on the building second form left because I feel it doesn't fit in with the rest.
Below is my finished concept for my little street environment, the cubes on the right and left ends of the street  are just going to copies of the current buildings because you won't really see them in the final animation.
Here is a front view of the buildings I am going to use, the brown building on the left is the "building#2" which the character jumps onto the rooftop of this building. I like the toned down colours of the buildings makes them very subtle and won't drag attention away from the characters.
And under is design for the stairwell, I wanted it to look quite old and a little run-down, so it adds to tense atmosphere. 










No comments:

Post a Comment