Wednesday 30 January 2013

Reference Video's

I like this video, because it fits in with the part of my character running to the end of the rooftop and skidding when nearly falling off of the rooftop. This scene is from the movie "Kick-Ass"






I've also recorded some of my own reference videos, for when the character is running up the stairs, which are just below.


Still need to rotate it, but I can do that on the VLC player when I'm stepping out my animation.


Getting him in the midst of running so it looks more real.


Focusing on the legs.
 

The Stumble (when the guy run's into the girl making her stumble)

Here are some reference video's I took for this scene.














I think I'm still going to look around a bit till I can find the perfect reference for this action, because I don't think my reference video's for the stumble give it justice.

The Chaser, Running towards the chasee (Reference Videos)




And one more.




For the main characters Jaunty "happy" walk at the end I think something like this would work but with lots of bounce, and a strong facial expression to match.



More Reference Video's

I have recorded a few more video's to help me with my animating, such as running up the stairs which I will need a lot of because I'm new to animating someone running up a set of stairs. 
Below are some of the stair running video's.

The one below, I really like because it's kind of a clumsy run, which I wanted because it show's the character is to preoccupied with the chase, to be careful and is just running for his life basically.



I got a few more head turns in the one below, which I think works nicely



These two are for focusing on the feet much more, so I know how to position the feet.






The Fall (Reference video's for the fall)

I have changed what the "Girl" character is carrying, from a bag to a box, because dropping a box give more motion, which means a better fall.
I have got some good reference video's for this below.









The End Part

Basically these below are the reference video's for the stand off bit at the end of the film, where the "Chaser" catches up with our main character, and basically stares him down for three seconds before tagging him and running off.









There not that great, but i'm just using them as basic reference, I can look more into emotion, because I think it is lacking that. I do like the long pause in the last to video's, I think it works, the stare is a nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment