Monday 4 February 2013

UV Mapping & Texturing

I've been making my own UV's for each object in my scene, so the textures fit perfectly and look seamless, here is an example of the UV map for an archway on one of my buildings.

I've started doing a bit of texturing for my environment, I'm just starting with the small assets first, leaving the more complicated models till last. As you can see in the image below, I have textured a few items such as Roof Vents, Wood Planks, and some plant pots.
More items such as a wheely bin or "Dumpster" I made the textures myself by just using colours and the brush tool in Photoshop.

I've also been collecting some Tetxures, that I have photographed myself such as brick and pavements, and uploaded them to my Flickr account http://www.flickr.com/photos/35740584@N02/

I've textured the base of this building using a photograph of some bricks, I took myself, then I painted over the bricks to make them different colours I think it fits perfectly on this building, and goes well with the new York style.

Progress on the texturing, two buildings textured so far, I have used my own textures so far, from the website that is mentioned above.
More Progress, almost finished 4 out of five buildings now 
Finally texturing the last building, still having only used textures that I have taken myself which you can find on my Flickr account.
I have one more Item to left to texture and that is the "Fire Escape" which is located on the top of the 1st building (orange brick one on the right)
I have finished texturing my first environment, as you can see from the pictures below, and I am now starting to texturing the other environment, which is the Stairwell, shouldn't take too long as there's not that many items.



Stairwell Environment

I haven't really got that many wood textures, So I did a search for some wood textures. I came across these two great sites, which I have downloaded some textures and started applying them to my environment. I have listed the websites just below.



They were very helpful and had a big variety of textures to pick from.

The Textures so far

I have almost finished with the texturing of this environment, as you can see from the Image below, all I have left to texture is the stairway landing and the wall, Which I will probably finish today.

I'm pretty much finished with the texturing of the stairwell, I'm not too sure about the walls but I can always come back later and change it, here's a quick render so far.


I changed the staircase to the left to match the reference video staircase, just for ease of matching the poses.







No comments:

Post a Comment