Tuesday 26 February 2013

Cycle Cycle Cycles

I've started working on a run cycle, So I can have a fresh mind whenever I look at my different scenes, I've messed around with alot of timing. I have decided to go with the traditional run cycle and just edit the poses slightly to match my running style.

I have used this as my base reference for my animation.








And here's what I have for the timing so far, It's maybe a little too fast because It's just on 1's, but I changed the timing to 2's and it looked to slow, so I think if I change the first 3 poses to 2's and the rest 1's it might make it look more natural and not too fast.




I'm working on the stumble at the moment, and just trying to figure out how to do it, I have this so far, the timing isn't right it needs to be alot faster. It doesn't look right because the run is very fast and then the stumble part is very slow so it's not consistant.




More work on the skid, I think its starting to look alot better, I think the last pose needs to be slowed down by a few more frames.




I've been working on the beginning part of this scene, where the character is standing at the door, taking in the environment, and thinking of his next step. I wanted him to look like he was psyching himself up to run, so I added in a small subtle arm shrug. Here's my work in progress so far...



I know this is only two steps, but I think I have worked out the timing for my run cycle, the first 4 poses are all on 2's then the last 3 poses of the step are on 1's. I think the timing looks better and not incredibly fast like the last cycle.




The run cycle so far, obviously its still in the stepped out stage, but I think it's starting to look better, I changed the arms because they looked very unnatural, like robot arms.




I actually watched this playblast a fair few times and decided it was way too slow and felt the speed just increase while he's running so I kept the first 18 frames on 2's. I then put the rest of the poses on 1's so it looks like he speeds up as he's getting closer to end of the roof, which I feel happens when you run, you need to build up your speed. Heres a playblast of my current progress so far.



Since I have the basic steps down of the run I have been working on the skid at the end of the run, when he realises he's not ready to jump across to the other roof, and comes to a skidding stop, here is my progress so far of the skid.



I think it's starting to look better, maybe a little less arm flailing, I still want some arm movement so it's like he's out of control and can't stop himself from running.




I scrapped my last animation, of the skid, because it was not very realistic, the gravity wasn't correct, because his body was too far over the end of the roof. I watched the skid from kick-ass again, frame by frame and drew out all the poses, below.

They really helped me pose the character, and help me stick to making it look realistic and not to over the top, I'm still working with the timing a bit, but I think it looks good with the poses, here is a playblast of my current progress below.

No comments:

Post a Comment